Definition of pan-Africanism in English:
The principle or advocacy of the political union of all the indigenous inhabitants of Africa.
- Consideration of these issues leads you on to the perspective of pan-Africanism.
- When I was growing up, we had big Utopias: pan-Africanism, African liberation.
- One also should consider the streetside pan-Africanism of politically charged music, reflecting a widespread sense of a shared destiny, especially among the continent's youth.
- Example sentences
- He was regarded as an icon by pan-Africanists.
- The great pan-Africanist, who was highly decorated in Ghana, founded the International African Service Bureau.
- The first of the founding fathers of Africa, who took the reins of Ghana in 1957, was an avowed pan-Africanist.
Definition of pan-Africanism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia