Definition of pan-German in English:
Relating to or advocating pan-Germanism.
- Angell puzzled over how pre-World War I pan-German politicians could believe that German prosperity required a big battle fleet when the absence of one made no difference to the prosperity of Norway, Denmark or Holland.
- It was only once the war began and Britain joined in that an extravagant pan-German annexationist program materialized.
- Both expressed the view that German hegemony should extend throughout what came to be referred to in pan-German circles as Mitteleuropa.
- Example sentences
- For the Viennese positivists, Heidegger's work is the return to a reactionary, anti-scientific metaphysics, which is allied politically to pan-Germanic aspirations.
- He was, however, German-national-oriented, and he was a sympathizer of the pan-Germanic movement.
- These ancient texts are the foremost significant documentations of the pre-Christian, pan-Germanic culture, religion, and its mythology.
Definition of pan-German in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.