- A race in which each competitor must toss a pancake from a pan as they run, traditionally held in some places on Shrove Tuesday.More example sentences
- THE MP for Twickenham will compete in a pancake race in front of the Houses of Parliament on Shrove Tuesday to raise money for a brain injury charity.
- The Wiltshire Times battered the competition on Shrove Tuesday as the Trowbridge pancake race got under way.
- The pancake race was first run in the town in 1988 with pancakes supplied, as they are today, by a local tea shop.
More definitions of pancake raceDefinition of pancake race in:
- The US English dictionary