- (In Ayurvedic medicine) a fivefold detoxification treatment involving massage, herbal therapy, and other procedures.More example sentences
- Fasting forms an integral part of the fivefold Ayurvedic massage therapy called panchakarma with a view to cleansing the body before the actual medicated detoxification begins.
- The set of procedures that follow the main therapies of panchakarma, called paschatkarma, are aimed at assisting the body in the re-establishment of healthy metabolic system and immunity.
- In this case, a traditional Ayurvedic detoxification program referred to as Maharishi Rejuvenation Therapy, or panchakarma, may be needed to clear the body's channels and gain relief.
from Sanskrit panca 'five' + karma 'action'.
More definitions of panchakarmaDefinition of panchakarma in:
- The US English dictionary