- (Of photographic film) sensitive to all visible colours of the spectrum. Often contrasted with orthochromatic.More example sentences
- Since most panchromatic films are considerably more sensitive to blue light than to red, blue objects will almost always appear lighter and brighter than red objects in a black and white photograph taken in white light.
- I use traditional panchromatic films for the interpositive and an orthochromatic film for the final enlarged negative.
- The primary requisite for inspecting panchromatic film is a dark green safelight filter.
More definitions of panchromaticDefinition of panchromatic in:
- The US English dictionary