- A type of milk curd cheese used in Indian, Iranian, and Afghan cooking.More example sentences
- The general liking for milk products such as ghee, yoghurt, and panir is a prominent feature.
- These include walnuts, almonds, coconut, sweet juicy, seasonal fruit such as pears, apples (cooked if possible), milk, and fresh cheeses such as panir or ricotta.
- Indians don't seem to believe in one percent milk at all, and don't realize that the ready-made paneer they buy in Indian stores is made of whole milk, which is loaded with fat calories.
from Hindi or Persian panīr 'cheese'.
More definitions of paneerDefinition of paneer in:
- The US English dictionary