verb[with object] archaic
Speak or write in praise of; eulogize: the friends of the government panegyrized him while they wanted his assistance
More example sentences
- They panegyrize his crusade to alter, rewrite, or ignore past events to make them consistent with his current "reality".
- Lady Walpole was proceeding to panegyrize her other guests, when she was interrupted by their return to the drawing-room.
- More example sentences
- At the same time he is never less than eloquent as Wagner's panegyrist.
- Pious individuals endow recitation of the story by professional panegyrists on a regular basis.
- Through the mouth of his court panegyrist he was claiming to be descended from the Emperor Claudius Gothicus.
Definition of panegyrize in:
- The US English dictionary