Definition of panegyrize in English:
verb[with object] archaic
Speak or write in praise of; eulogize: the friends of the government panegyrized him while they wanted his assistance
More example sentences
- They panegyrize his crusade to alter, rewrite, or ignore past events to make them consistent with his current "reality".
- Lady Walpole was proceeding to panegyrize her other guests, when she was interrupted by their return to the drawing-room.
- Example sentences
- At the same time he is never less than eloquent as Wagner's panegyrist.
- Pious individuals endow recitation of the story by professional panegyrists on a regular basis.
- Through the mouth of his court panegyrist he was claiming to be descended from the Emperor Claudius Gothicus.
Words that rhyme with panegyrizephilanthropize
Definition of panegyrize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan