Definition of panfish in English:
noun (plural same or panfishes)
A fish suitable for frying whole in a pan, especially one caught by an angler rather than bought.
- There is no benefit from hanging an entire shrimp off a hook when fishing for coastal panfish.
- Most panfish are found throughout the Florida mainland and the Florida Keys.
- There's much more to know, however, if your aim is higher than at a ragtag box of miscellaneous panfish.
verb[no object] (often as noun panfishing) Back to top
Fish for panfish: panfishing picks up considerably during the fall and spring
More example sentences
- Success in crappie or panfishing often depends on being able to detect the slightest movement of the bait or the lightest nibble.
- Game fishing, pan fishing and recreational boating are available on dozens of lakes accessible within 10 miles.
Definition of panfish in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan