Definition of panic buying in English:
The action of buying large quantities of a particular product or commodity due to sudden fears of a forthcoming shortage or price rise: panic buying is leading to 15-30 minute queues at almost all petrol stations over here
More example sentences
- Panic buying of foodstuffs and nutritional supplements (e.g. iodine) is a likely outcome.
- There was panic buying of supplies in some supermarkets.
- They were geared up for a day of premature panic buying.
- Example sentences
- Yesterday Irish people were told to stop panic-buying petrol.
- "I would say that some people have perhaps panic-bought as they are so understandably worried about their children's education."
- The advice we've received is not to make any unnecessary car trips for four days and not to panic-buy gas.
Definition of panic buying in:
- US English dictionary