Definition of panic buying in English:
The action of buying large quantities of a particular product or commodity due to sudden fears of a forthcoming shortage or price rise: panic buying is leading to 15-30 minute queues at almost all petrol stations over here
More example sentences
- Panic buying of foodstuffs and nutritional supplements (e.g. iodine) is a likely outcome.
- There was panic buying of supplies in some supermarkets.
- They were geared up for a day of premature panic buying.
- Example sentences
- Yesterday Irish people were told to stop panic-buying petrol.
- "I would say that some people have perhaps panic-bought as they are so understandably worried about their children's education."
- The advice we've received is not to make any unnecessary car trips for four days and not to panic-buy gas.
Definition of panic buying in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan