Definition of panic-monger in English:
A person who fosters a panic.
- Much as it pains this column to augment the prevailing squawk of overheated panic-mongers, it's time to prepare your PC for war.
- Parenting panic-mongers want to diagnose new fathers with postnatal depression.
- The only snag for panic-mongers is that the Korean scientists have made it clear that therapeutic cloning is a world away from a cloned baby.
- Example sentences
- The government was terrified of panic, and over the last few months I didn't want to be accused of panic-mongering, so we lowered our campaign.
- The ‘toxic substance’ that really poses a serious threat to British society is… officially sponsored panic-mongering.
- Keeping hold of justice and humanity gets harder in the face of this panic-mongering from the right.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan