- (In Japanese cookery) breadcrumbs with a light, flaky texture, typically used as a coating for fried or baked food: a piece of plump Chilean sea bass remained moist under a light crusting of pankoMore example sentences
- Sprinkle some panko on a plate and place one side of each crab cake in the crumbs.
- To make the crab cakes, combine the crabmeat, panko, scallions, and 1/2 cup of the aioli.
- You can use cracker crumbs, bread crumbs, or panko, but Doyle is going to try ground-up Triscuits, which are made from whole wheat flour.
Japanese pan-ko, from pan 'bread' + ko 'flour, powder'.
More definitions of pankoDefinition of panko in:
- The US English dictionary