Definition of pantile in English:
A roof tile curved to form an S-shaped section, fitted to overlap its neighbour.
- While the original roof structure was rotten, the pantiles were able to be reused and now greatly enhance the aged appearance of the exterior.
- The restaurant has a fresh farmhouse interior, with cream walls and red pantiles, and boasts an open view of the garden.
- Concrete Pantiles are available in a medium format of similar size to our clay pantiles, and offer some savings in material and labour.
- Example sentences
- This is a blissful vision of Italian arcadia, undulating olive groves, tall cypresses, distant farmhouses with red pantiled roofs and the silhouette of a slender castle tower on the horizon.
- We walked down the famous 199 steps, enjoying the gorgeous view of the harbour and pantiled, crowded cottages.
- Fishing villages with Venetian-style bell towers and red pantiled roofs cling to the shoreline.
Words that rhyme with pantiletactile
Definition of pantile in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia