A roof tile curved to form an S-shaped section, fitted to overlap its neighbour.
More example sentences
- While the original roof structure was rotten, the pantiles were able to be reused and now greatly enhance the aged appearance of the exterior.
- The restaurant has a fresh farmhouse interior, with cream walls and red pantiles, and boasts an open view of the garden.
- Concrete Pantiles are available in a medium format of similar size to our clay pantiles, and offer some savings in material and labour.
- More example sentences
- This is a blissful vision of Italian arcadia, undulating olive groves, tall cypresses, distant farmhouses with red pantiled roofs and the silhouette of a slender castle tower on the horizon.
- We walked down the famous 199 steps, enjoying the gorgeous view of the harbour and pantiled, crowded cottages.
- Fishing villages with Venetian-style bell towers and red pantiled roofs cling to the shoreline.
Definition of pantile in:
- The US English dictionary