Breathing with short, quick breaths; out of breath: a panting dog
More example sentences
- Ryan's mind raised several questions, but just as he was about to voice the first, a heavily panting Melanie darted into the room.
- I then heard panting noises near my face, which was the dog.
- Three strangely dressed men stand in the moonlight by three panting camels.
- Example sentences
- It's a film that will have red-blooded cinemagoers pantingly clambering off the ride at the end and staggering over to the queue for tickets to get straight back on again.
- As luck would have it, I had ridden to school that day, and cycled quickly to the nearest butcher and pantingly ordered another load.
- Fowler and Griswold followed pantingly in the footsteps of Macaulay; their prose is extraordinarily self-conscious, and one searches it in vain for any concession to colloquialism.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pant|ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.