Definition of panting in English:
Breathing with short, quick breaths; out of breath: a panting dog
More example sentences
- Ryan's mind raised several questions, but just as he was about to voice the first, a heavily panting Melanie darted into the room.
- I then heard panting noises near my face, which was the dog.
- Three strangely dressed men stand in the moonlight by three panting camels.
- Example sentences
- It's a film that will have red-blooded cinemagoers pantingly clambering off the ride at the end and staggering over to the queue for tickets to get straight back on again.
- As luck would have it, I had ridden to school that day, and cycled quickly to the nearest butcher and pantingly ordered another load.
- Fowler and Griswold followed pantingly in the footsteps of Macaulay; their prose is extraordinarily self-conscious, and one searches it in vain for any concession to colloquialism.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.