noun (plural pantrymen)
- A butler or a butler’s assistant.More example sentences
- This time he was permitted to take with him a group of courtiers and a dozen servants - his Mameluke bodyguard, a butler, a cook, three valets, three footmen, an accountant, a pantryman, and a lamp cleaner.
- This work is a manual for training boys for the courtly life which includes instructions on the duties of the pantryman and butler, waiting at table, the ritual of folding the many layers of tablecloth, and the preparation, carving and saucing of the meats, fishes and wines available then.
- Three cars forward the steward unlocks the kitchen, the pantryman begins to prepare bread and muffins, and Ashby's Tavern awakens for breakfast.
More definitions of pantrymanDefinition of pantryman in:
- The US English dictionary