Relating to a pope or to the papacy: a papal visit
More example sentences
- There the coffin will be definitively closed with red bands, sealed with both papal and Vatican seals.
- Ruffo was a Calabrian who had served in the papal curia but had found more favour at the Neapolitan court.
- Anglo-Saxon veneration of the papacy was strong and contributed to the growth of papal authority in the West.
- Example sentences
- Pundits also suggested that the teaching was bound to change, given the logic of the Second Vatican Council and the existence of a papally appointed commission on the regulation of fertility.
- The eleventh century witnessed a new Christian attitude toward war: that it could be divinely inspired, or at least papally commended, if not commanded.
- Bartholomew's presence at the controversial crowning of Henry the Young King is uncertain, but Becket asked that he should not be papally censured with others involved.
Words that rhyme with papalmaple, staple
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.