(also paperbark birch)
A North American birch with large leaves and peeling white bark.
- Betula papyrifera, family Betulaceae
More example sentences
- White spruce forest also includes paper birch and balsam poplar.
- Color and texture variations are provided by the soft, bright green needles of white pine, the broad leaves of red oak and black oak, the stark white trunks of paper birch, and the gray trunks of quaking aspen and big-tooth aspen.
- In the northwest, particularly in the wake of natural forest fires or controlled burns, quaking aspen and paper birch take over.
Definition of paper birch in:
- The US English dictionary