- A small tree of the mulberry family, the inner bark of which is used for making paper and tapa cloth, occurring from eastern Asia to Polynesia.
More example sentences
- Broussonetia papyrifera, family Moraceae
- The tapa banner was made by Tongan women from the beaten-out bark of the paper mulberry tree, and is painted with an abstract design.
- The leaves of the Paper Mulberry are distinctive in that they have a very rough, sandpaper-like upper surface and a soft, downy under surface.
- The twigs of the paper mulberry are hairy reddish brown, the bark is tan and smooth to moderately furrowed, the wood is soft and brittle, and it has conical buds.
More definitions of paper mulberryDefinition of paper mulberry in:
- The US English dictionary