Definition of paperbark in English:
1A cajuput tree.
- Powering along at full speed we quickly find ourselves surrounded by imposing stands of paperbark and gum trees that wage an eternal battle against the vines that slowly snake up their trunks and into their branches.
- A cool breeze blows down the channel, there's plenty of shade among the huge silver-leaf paperbarks that hang over the banks and the water is astonishingly fresh.
- They were artfully placed among majestic paperbark trees, relatives of the eucalyptus that shed their reddish skin in sheets, like tourists at Bondi Beach.
1.1Used in names of other trees which have a peeling papery bark, e.g. paperbark maple.
- Other trees with attractive bark include eucalyptus, paperbark maple, lace bark pine and crape myrtle.
- Acer griseum, commonly known as the paperbark maple, also hails from China. This species was discovered by Wilson in 1907 in western Hubei province.
- The maples in the garden - including the paperbark maple - make ideal companions for the conifers as do the magnolias.
Definition of paperbark in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan