- A malleable mixture of paper and glue, or paper, flour, and water, that becomes hard when dry, used to make boxes, trays, or ornaments: George was constructing a crocodile out of papier mâché [as modifier]: a papier mâché sculptureMore example sentences
- In Birmingham, simple hand tools could be used to punch metal into a wide range of shapes; alloys could be used to imitate expensive gold and silver; papier mâché could be made to resemble fine japanned ware.
- Dolls made of papier mâché, aluminium and copper blends, brass craft items from Hyderabad and Uttar Pradesh that could be used to decorate drawing or living rooms and front offices.
- Unable to afford metal, and with plastic not yet in common use, he made his first legionnaires' helmets from papier mâché over clay moulds.
French, literally 'chewed paper'.
More definitions of papier mâchéDefinition of papier mâché in:
- The US English dictionary