noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
A crystalline acid which is widely distributed in plant and animal tissue, and has been used to treat rickettsial infections.
- Chemical formula: NH2C6H4COOH
More example sentences
- Cyclodextrin can act as an efficient inhibitor of the photosensitized dimerization of thymine by para-aminobenzoic acid in aqueous solution.
- Some supplement manufacturers include herbs like black cohosh or nonessential nutrients like para-aminobenzoic acid in their multivitamins.
- Folic acid is composed of three primary structures, a hetero-bicyclic pteridine ring, para-aminobenzoic acid, and glutamic acid.
Definition of para-aminobenzoic acid in:
- The US English dictionary