noun (plural same or paracetamols)[mass noun] British
- A synthetic compound used as a drug to relieve and reduce fever, usually taken in tablet form.
More example sentences
- Alternative name: para-acetylaminophenol; chemical formula: C8H9NO2. Compare with acetaminophen
- Inflammation can be reduced with ibuprofen tablets and paracetamol can help to relieve any pain.
- Take painkillers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen if you have a fever or headache, and gargle with aspirin to help relieve a sore throat.
- You will usually be given pain relief such as paracetamol or codeine tablets to help ease your discomfort.
1950s: from par(a-)acet(yl)am(inophen)ol.
More definitions of paracetamolDefinition of paracetamol in:
- The US English dictionary