- A small colourful labyrinth fish that is native to SE Asia and popular in aquaria.
More example sentences
- Genus Macropodus, family Belontiidae: several species, including M. opercularis
- Paradise fish are rather aggressive and two males will fight it out to see who is stronger. Soon they will develop a pecking order. Paradise fish fight by locking jaws and biting at the opponent's sides.
- Macropodus opercularis is the paradise fish. It is a gorgeous melange of reds, blues, blacks, and whites. It is a labyrinth fish, thus, it can survive in waters with low oxygen content by gulping air.
More definitions of paradise fishDefinition of paradise fish in:
- The US English dictionary