Definition of paradoxical in English:
Seemingly absurd or self-contradictory: by glorifying the acts of violence they achieve the paradoxical effect of making them trivial
More example sentences
- Both appear to have a paradoxical effect of either increasing or decreasing the stress response.
- It would be paradoxical to advocate an inquiry into inquiries, but we can begin to see criteria that will make them more likely to succeed.
- It is also about the paradoxical tension between human freedom and divine providence.
- [sentence adverb]: paradoxically, the more fuel a star starts off with, the sooner it runs outMore example sentences
- Uniforms, paradoxically, can allow for a greater sense of true personal uniqueness.
- The French, paradoxically, like to feel like included outsiders.
- But as the lifespan of the average person grows longer, paradoxically the age at which people are retiring is falling.