1A wide canopy resembling a parachute that is attached to a person’s body by a harness in order to allow them to glide through the air after jumping from or being hauled to a height.
- Similar to parachutes, paragliders do not have frames like hang gliders - only lines and canopy.
- It's much more difficult to learn to fly a hang glider than a paraglider.
- The Attack Falcon is a joy to fly, but, of course, you want to stay in the lift, as the glide is not much better than you will find on the highest performance paragliders.
1.1A person flying a paraglider.
- Many of the paragliders have international flying licenses and no one would fly with the club without supervision and adequate training.
- Serious hang gliders and paragliders can expect to train for up to two years before becoming a pilot.
- Today, the club consists mainly of paragliders, as the available landing zone continues to shrink.
- Example sentences
- It takes quite a feat of the imagination to believe people have climbed, skied, boarded and paraglided off pretty much every summit you see
- ‘This is a truly amazing place,’ said one woman, preparing to paraglide from the lower slopes of Mont Blanc last week.
- Or they can hike up to the 7,300-foot summit of neighboring Mount Lossos and paraglide back down.
Definition of paraglider in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.