noun[mass noun] Chemistry
A liquid made by treating acetaldehyde with acid, used medicinally as a sedative, hypnotic, and anticonvulsant.
- A cyclic trimer of acetaldehyde; chemical formula: (CH3CHO)3
More example sentences
- Quinaldine can be made by reacting aniline, hydrochloric acid, and paraldehyde.
- His first wife Vivienne had been prescribed Hoffman's anodyne and paraldehyde to treat her nervous condition, two anesthetics that exude a strong scent of ether.
- A young woman had a fit, and all the paraldehyde and other Western intervention we tried would not stop it.
Definition of paraldehyde in:
- The US English dictionary