- Relating to auxiliary aspects of the law.More example sentences
- Some of the dozen or so outsourcing companies that have sprung up over the last decade in India focus on low-level paralegal work - keeping track of filing dates and document reviews.
- Christian Action, another organisation providing shelter and paralegal advice to migrant maids in need, handled 14,600 consultation cases in 2003 and another 5,000 so far this year.
- Rebecca Miller is paralegal consultant for the United Nations Drug Control Program's Regional Center for East Asia and the Pacific in Bangkok.
nounBack to top
- A person trained in subsidiary legal matters but not fully qualified as a lawyer.More example sentences
- Much work had been equivalent to that carried out by trainee solicitors or paralegals.
- Sometimes lawyers use paralegals and law clerks to help research a case.
- The firm's New York City office has approximately a hundred and fifty employees - attorneys, paralegals, administrative staff, typists, secretaries and receptionists.
More definitions of paralegalDefinition of paralegal in:
- The US English dictionary