Definition of paralegal in English:
Relating to auxiliary aspects of the law.
- Some of the dozen or so outsourcing companies that have sprung up over the last decade in India focus on low-level paralegal work - keeping track of filing dates and document reviews.
- Christian Action, another organisation providing shelter and paralegal advice to migrant maids in need, handled 14,600 consultation cases in 2003 and another 5,000 so far this year.
- Rebecca Miller is paralegal consultant for the United Nations Drug Control Program's Regional Center for East Asia and the Pacific in Bangkok.
nounBack to top
A person trained in subsidiary legal matters but not fully qualified as a lawyer.
- Much work had been equivalent to that carried out by trainee solicitors or paralegals.
- Sometimes lawyers use paralegals and law clerks to help research a case.
- The firm's New York City office has approximately a hundred and fifty employees - attorneys, paralegals, administrative staff, typists, secretaries and receptionists.
Words that rhyme with paralegalbeagle, eagle, illegal, legal, regal, spread eagle, viceregal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.