Definition of parallel imports in English:
Goods imported by unlicensed distributors for sale at less than the manufacturer’s official retail price.
- If Microsoft worked off one global price list parallel imports would disappear overnight… But global pricing is not in Microsoft's interests.
- Artists benefit from parallel imports - they receive sales royalties whether or not the CD is manufactured locally or is manufactured in say Mexico, and is imported into Australia.
- Territorial protection in distribution agreements is not permitted where parallel imports are excluded.
parallel importing noun
- Example sentences
- They defend their patents until the last possible moment and argue that parallel importing diverts cash from the British science base.
- So long as the product originates from outside the EU parallel importing between EU countries is sanctioned by the Treaty of Rome articles promoting fair competition.
- The law is clear, and the activity of parallel importing of PSP products from the US / Japan is unlawful.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia