Definition of parallel imports in English:
Goods imported by unlicensed distributors for sale at less than the manufacturer’s official retail price.
- If Microsoft worked off one global price list parallel imports would disappear overnight… But global pricing is not in Microsoft's interests.
- Artists benefit from parallel imports - they receive sales royalties whether or not the CD is manufactured locally or is manufactured in say Mexico, and is imported into Australia.
- Territorial protection in distribution agreements is not permitted where parallel imports are excluded.
parallel importing noun
- Example sentences
- They defend their patents until the last possible moment and argue that parallel importing diverts cash from the British science base.
- So long as the product originates from outside the EU parallel importing between EU countries is sanctioned by the Treaty of Rome articles promoting fair competition.
- The law is clear, and the activity of parallel importing of PSP products from the US / Japan is unlawful.