- A solid body of which each face is a parallelogram.More example sentences
- The residential towers, which sit on vertical projections of the podium, are parallelepipeds, rotated 30° in relation to the podium, which is oriented toward the Manhattan street grid.
- Embedded in a low, almost geological podium of slate shards, glass and grey aluminium, the canted parallelepipeds are constructed almost entirely of contiguous glass elements held in place by a skeletal steel frame.
- The crystal systems are all parallelepipeds whose shapes are completely defined by the lengths of the three sides and by the three angles characterizing the parallelepiped.
late 16th century: from Greek parallēlepipedon, from parallēlos 'beside another' + epipedon 'plane surface'.
More definitions of parallelepipedDefinition of parallelepiped in:
- The US English dictionary