A piece of illogical or fallacious reasoning, especially one which appears superficially logical or which the reasoner believes to be logical.
More example sentences
- In logic, a line of reasoning (also known as a paralogism) may seem valid but is not.
- Those who seemed most impatient of barbarisms, solecisms, and paralogisms in a sermon, seemed to easily tolerate them in their life and conversation.
- More example sentences
- Paralogist would be correct for someone who uses fallacious argument unwittingly.
- Hence, it is necessary for us to enumerate the different fallacies often committed by an ignorant thinker (paralogist), a deceiver (philosophist) and an inaccurate thinker.
Definition of paralogism in:
- The US English dictionary