(also parametrize /pəˈramɪtrʌɪz/)
verb[with object] technical
Describe or represent in terms of a parameter or parameters: the nuclear charge distribution can be parameterized directly using a suitable mathematical form
More example sentences
- The models differ from previous approaches in that they are parameterized directly in terms of selection coefficients.
- The intra-molecular potential was parameterized to simulate a rigid structure with surface hydroxyl groups that are free to rotate in an AMBER-style torsional potential.
- Although we could have parameterized anions based on solvation data alone, the effort here is to isolate the role of size and to maintain as straightforward an analysis as possible.
- More example sentences
- Although it is reasonable to use the same distance criterion as in the parameterization of the statistical contact potentials, we applied all three criteria of Altuvia et al. to enable a direct comparison of the results.
- For the heterogeneity model, the movement distributions of model fish fit well to those of real fish during the parameterization using the first 2 mo of data.
- Our all-atom representation of the protein permits the parameterization of the free-energy landscape on the basis of physical interactions that are well understood for smaller systems.
More definitions of parameterizeDefinition of parameterize in:
- The US English dictionary