Definition of parametric in English:
1Relating to or expressed in terms of a parameter or parameters.
- The parameters used in the parametric bootstrap simulations were the phylogenetic tree generated from the aligned protein sequences and a residue substitution matrix.
- In designing the luminaires, the students used parametric surface modeling to produce contours, patterns, and templates.
- We've made dramatic changes to the skeletal system, which allows for full parametric blending of multiple layers of animation.
1.1 Statistics Assuming the value of a parameter for the purpose of analysis: variables with normal distribution were compared by means of parametric tests
More example sentences
- Variables were log 10 transformed as appropriate to improve fit to a normal distribution for parametric statistical analyses.
- Most statistical analyses performed were parametric (ANOVAs and correlations).
- Statistical analysis was performed using parametric and nonparametric tests, depending on whether the data distribution could be assumed to be gaussian or not.
1.2 Electronics Relating to or denoting a process in which amplification or frequency conversion is obtained using a device modulated by a pumping frequency, which enables power to be transferred from the pumping frequency to the signal.
- The other part is used to pump an optical parametric amplifier, which provides excitation in a broad spectral range.
- Synchronized double pumping, and therefore careful timing, is very critical in this device because the optical parametric gain has no storage time, unlike conventional laser-gain media.
- An optical parametric amplifier allowed them to try the experiment at different wavelengths.
- Example sentences
- If you change the value of a dimension, the size and shape of the 3D model changes parametrically, and the 2D drafting views update accordingly.
- There may be circumstances when it is important to be able to estimate the distribution function and the corresponding mean and median values parametrically.
- If the contour ratios are equal the shapes are parametrically similar, and they can be scaled to become isoparametric.
Definition of parametric in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan