chiefly North American
Definition of paraprofessional in English:
A person to whom a particular aspect of a professional task is delegated but who is not licensed to practise as a fully qualified professional.
- Each team consists of ten professionals or paraprofessionals, including a psychiatrist, linked to a hospital or community mental health center.
- A third concern about the practices employed regarding paraprofessionals is that the majority of respondents reported that no one planned for the paraprofessional.
- This study also identified some concerns about the practices employed by teachers and districts regarding paraprofessionals.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting a paraprofessional: paraprofessional social service personnel
More example sentences
- Both identified themselves as in 12-step recovery for many years, did not hold degrees in a human service field, and had several years of paraprofessional experience.
- The rationale was that patients could readily identify with paraprofessional case managers and be receptive to their influence.
- They acquire skills in the areas of welfare and counseling, as well as the usual range of paraprofessional duties.
Definition of paraprofessional in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan