chiefly North American
- A person to whom a particular aspect of a professional task is delegated but who is not licensed to practise as a fully qualified professional.More example sentences
- Each team consists of ten professionals or paraprofessionals, including a psychiatrist, linked to a hospital or community mental health center.
- A third concern about the practices employed regarding paraprofessionals is that the majority of respondents reported that no one planned for the paraprofessional.
- This study also identified some concerns about the practices employed by teachers and districts regarding paraprofessionals.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting a paraprofessional: paraprofessional social service personnelMore example sentences
- Both identified themselves as in 12-step recovery for many years, did not hold degrees in a human service field, and had several years of paraprofessional experience.
- The rationale was that patients could readily identify with paraprofessional case managers and be receptive to their influence.
- They acquire skills in the areas of welfare and counseling, as well as the usual range of paraprofessional duties.
More definitions of paraprofessionalDefinition of paraprofessional in:
- The US English dictionary