- The smaller and less completely developed member of a pair of unequal conjoined twins, often consisting of an amorphous mass of tissue attached to or within the larger twin.More example sentences
- Fully developed twins born conjoined at the head are extremely rare, accounting for one of every 2.5 million births, but parasitic twins, where one twin stops developing in the womb, are even rarer.
- The team must cut some of the tissue surrounding her spinal cord to successfully separate the parasitic twin.
- Medics said the 4 cm growth was a parasitic twin that died in the womb early in their mother's pregnancy.
More definitions of parasitic twinDefinition of parasitic twin in:
- The US English dictionary