- An insect whose larvae live as parasites which eventually kill their hosts, e.g. an ichneumon wasp.More example sentences
- Such treatment typically kills the host; parasitoids are attracting interest as natural controls on insect pests.
- Insects include among their number parasites, parasitoids, carnivores, herbivores, scavengers, and detritivores.
- Larvae develop as parasitoids of 13 insect orders, spider eggs, ticks, pseudoscorpions, and nematodes, or as primary or secondary feeders on plant tissue.
More definitions of parasitoidDefinition of parasitoid in:
- The US English dictionary