- Situated beside the sternum.More example sentences
- Three days later, the diaphragm and parasternal intercostals contained numerous inflammatory cells and necrotic muscle fibers.
- The aponeuroses and muscles connecting the fractured ribs to the non-fractured ribs probably play a major role in transmitting the inspiratory force of the contracting parasternal intercostals to the flail portion of the chest.
- The aortic root area was measured using the parasternal long-axis view.
More definitions of parasternalDefinition of parasternal in:
- The US English dictionary