- A highly toxic synthetic organophosphorus compound containing phosphorus and sulphur, used as an agricultural insecticide.More example sentences
- These pesticides include the insecticides methyl parathion, lindane and DDT.
- The organophosphate type of insecticides (examples parathion and malathion) vary greatly in their toxicity and hazard to man.
- Some prominent examples are the insecticides parathion, fenitrothion, malathion, and phosphamidon.
More definitions of parathionDefinition of parathion in:
- The US English dictionary