- A gland next to the thyroid which secretes a hormone ( parathyroid hormone) that regulates calcium levels in a person’s body: [as modifier]: parathyroid tissueMore example sentences
- The major glands that make up the human endocrine system are the hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, parathyroids, adrenals, pineal body, and the reproductive glands, which include the ovaries and testes.
- In practice, however, endocrine pathology has been traditionally more narrowly defined as the subspecialty that deals with the major endocrine organs, such as the thyroid, parathyroids, pancreas, and adrenal glands.
- Within the neck, there are neck muscles, arteries, veins, lymph glands, thyroid gland, parathyroid gland, oesophagus, larynx and trachea.
More definitions of parathyroidDefinition of parathyroid in:
- The US English dictionary