- Troops trained and equipped to be dropped by parachute from aircraft: (as modifier usually paratroop) a paratroop regimentMore example sentences
- They will begin with a parachute drop by modern-day paratroops and 10 veterans of the battle over Ginkel Heath, about eight miles from Arnhem, where the original drops were made.
- Back on June 6, hours before the main D-Day assault force stormed the beaches, a misplaced parachute drop had deposited his paratroop regiment far from the 5,000-ship Allied armada poised off Normandy's beaches.
- Bernadette was addressing the crowds in Derry on 31 January 1972 when the British army's paratroop regiment opened fire on protesters.
More definitions of paratroopsDefinition of paratroops in:
- The US English dictionary