- 1A rich cold dessert made with whipped cream, eggs, and fruit.More example sentences
- In complete contrast to our disagreeable dining companion, the duck liver parfait he ordered was rich and smooth.
- Why not replace formulaic desserts like cheesecake with additional fresh choices like their praline parfait?
- The gourmet menu will include duckling terrine with apple celery salad, horseradish cream soup with pan fired salmon, grilled tenderloin of beef and a dessert of cinnamon parfait with poached sour cherries.
- 1.1A dessert consisting of layers of ice cream, meringue, and fruit, served in a tall glass.More example sentences
- Thompson stood silently as the two women brought out a carafe of coffee and glasses of ice cream parfait for dessert.
- The one to blow you away consists of delicate, yielding meringue discs, layered with lemon and lime parfait and drizzled with a lime syrup.
- This summer parfait, with frozen blueberry and apricot compote, based with a mascarpone ice cream and set upon a meringue… was amazing.
- 2A rich pâté with a very smooth consistency.More example sentences
- We chose to share a parfait of chicken livers with foie gras.
- Then there was jelly again with cream in a specially custom-made porcelain egg: something like a foie gras parfait.
- We could have chosen from chicken liver, foie gras parfait or chargrilled asparagus or lime marinated red mullet.
from the French adjective parfait, literally 'perfect'.
More definitions of parfaitDefinition of parfait in:
- The US English dictionary