Definition of parfait in English:
1A rich cold dessert made with whipped cream, eggs, and fruit.
- In complete contrast to our disagreeable dining companion, the duck liver parfait he ordered was rich and smooth.
- Why not replace formulaic desserts like cheesecake with additional fresh choices like their praline parfait?
- The gourmet menu will include duckling terrine with apple celery salad, horseradish cream soup with pan fired salmon, grilled tenderloin of beef and a dessert of cinnamon parfait with poached sour cherries.
1.1A dessert consisting of layers of ice cream, meringue, and fruit, served in a tall glass.
- Thompson stood silently as the two women brought out a carafe of coffee and glasses of ice cream parfait for dessert.
- The one to blow you away consists of delicate, yielding meringue discs, layered with lemon and lime parfait and drizzled with a lime syrup.
- This summer parfait, with frozen blueberry and apricot compote, based with a mascarpone ice cream and set upon a meringue… was amazing.
2A rich pâté with a very smooth consistency.
- We chose to share a parfait of chicken livers with foie gras.
- Then there was jelly again with cream in a specially custom-made porcelain egg: something like a foie gras parfait.
- We could have chosen from chicken liver, foie gras parfait or chargrilled asparagus or lime marinated red mullet.
From the French adjective parfait, literally 'perfect'.
Words that rhyme with parfaitcafé • cybercafé • coryphée
Definition of parfait in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.