- A council or assembly.More example sentences
- It is also our policy at the parishad to take art closer to the common man.
- They said they were here on the invitation of the Institute of Social Sciences, Delhi, and would study the three-tier local bodies system, including Panchayti Raj, block samitis and zila parishads.
- Mr Harish Gupta, president of the parishad, exhorted the gathering to educate the new generation about ancient Indian values and culture.
from Sanskrit, from pari 'around' + sad- 'sit'.
More definitions of parishadDefinition of parishad in:
- The US English dictionary