noun[often as modifier]
- A system for reducing urban traffic congestion, in which drivers leave their cars in car parks on the outskirts of a city and travel to the city centre on public transport: [as modifier]: a new park-and-ride system has been introduced to cut traffic queuesMore example sentences
- It was hoped that a park-and-ride system could reduce the number of commuters driving into Ilkley and parking all day.
- People were encouraged to use public transport and the park-and-ride facility at Black Ash to access the city.
- A park-and-ride system will operate from the Queen's Parade site, which is around three-quarters of a mile from the main gate.
More definitions of park-and-rideDefinition of park-and-ride in:
- The US English dictionary