Definition of parka in English:
1A large windproof jacket with a hood, designed to be worn in cold weather: he pulled on his fur-lined parka, ready to brave the elements
More example sentences
- She lowered the faux fur-lined hood of her parka and sighed heavily, taking a long drink from the mug.
- One was black and two were white. They were wearing parkas or anoraks with hoods.
- But instead he pushes himself on, shrugging back into his parka, cinching the hood, donning one mitten and then the other with the help of his teeth.
1.1A hooded jacket made of animal skin, worn by the Inuit.
- Inuit women sewed parkas from tanned animal hides until modernization led to the use of duffel wool.
- Jon will wrap himself in four separate Eskimo parkas, the sheet and two quilts and still lie in bed shivering, wondering why his wife is slowly trying to kill him.
- The Eskimos don't look too comfortable in their parkas during the summer, but maybe they can cool off with the alcohol constantly flowing from the not one, but two Irish castles.
Words that rhyme with parkabarker, haka, Kabaka, Lusaka, marker, moussaka, nosy parker, Oaxaca, Osaka, Shaka, Zarqa
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.