- A small Central American palm which is grown as a popular pot plant.
More example sentences
- Chamaedorea elegans, family Palmae
- As a rule of thumb, it's hard to go wrong with classics like the parlour palm, dracaenas, rubber plants, aspidistra (I've always fancied a variegated one), cacti, succulents and the umbrella plant.
- The parlour palm, Chamaedorea elegans, and the spider plant, Chlorophytum comosum ‘Variegatum’ are worthwhile.
- Two women behind the parlour palm leaned together conspiratorially over a small table.