Definition of parotid in English:
Relating to, situated near, or affecting a parotid gland: the parotid duct
More example sentences
- The right parotid duct is grazed in this cut.
- Plain radiograph films may show air in the soft tissue and may even outline the course of the parotid duct.
- The patient should be examined for evidence of other causes of lower facial weakness such as intracranial or parotid lesions or Lyme disease.
nounBack to top
short for parotid gland.
- In rare cases, mumps will attack other groups of salivary glands instead of the parotids.
- The parotids were firm, nontender, and enlarged, especially the left side obscuring the mandibular angle.
- Bilateral slow-growing enlargement of the parotids is a classic, but not common, finding in sarcoidosis.
Definition of parotid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India