- Inlaid work of blocks of various woods arranged in a geometric pattern, especially for flooring or furniture: many-candled lustres reflected in the polished parquetry [as modifier]: a pair of walnut and parquetry commodesMore example sentences
- A low table - only calf-high - filled the center of the room; oak, it looked like, with parquetry designs inlaid in the surface.
- Ramps on both sides drop to parquetry floored galleries that provide increased height for the display of QUT's impressive collection.
- The floors, once covered with the finest parquetry, are unrecognisable, the blinds don't work, the light-bulbs drape from thin wires where lamps used to hang.
More definitions of parquetryDefinition of parquetry in:
- The US English dictionary