Definition of part-own in English:
Own (something) jointly with another or others: he part-owns a nightclub out in Essex
More example sentences
- He has lived most of his life on the Massachusetts coast and now resides in New York City where he part-owns a cocktail bar.
- Divorced, he also has five daughters, part-owns a restaurant in Reigate, and is a big shareholder in Hornby, the train set maker.
- Our company is part-owned by the people who make Changing Rooms.
- Example sentences
- As part-owners they can get free admission to race meetings with owner badges and will, of course, receive their share of the winnings should Evening Press prosper on the track.
- The 33-year-old, who has dozens of properties in London and Manchester, is part-owner of two London restaurants and had been driving a Ferrari and a Bentley.
- Today's episode has a brisk rehearsal of his business career: failing quite lucratively as an oilman, and then making his fortune out of public funds as part-owner of a football team.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India