- A secular song with three or more voice parts, typically unaccompanied, and homophonic rather than contrapuntal in style.More example sentences
- The type of music would range from Bach to Beatles, part-songs, madrigals, folksongs, anthems, carols, show choruses - in fact anything which can be sung in four-part harmony.
- But this re-issue features solo songs, part-songs and canonic works in a variety of styles.
- Instrumental tutors were published and glees (simple part-songs for male voices) became popular.
More definitions of part-songDefinition of part-song in:
- The US English dictionary