1Be involved; take part: thousands participated in a nationwide strike
More example sentences
- He had this great idea to involve people in participating in writing a short fantasy story.
- Twenty nine cars participated in what was regarded as the best and most enjoyable hunt ever.
- Thanks also to the swimmers who participated and those who contributed in any way.
take part, engage, join, get involved, share, play a part, play a role, be a participant, partake;
cooperate, help, assist, lend a hand;
go in for, contribute to, be associated with, associate oneself with, have a hand in, have something to do with, be (a) party to
informal get in on the act, pitch in
- Example sentences
- ‘Compared with our existing lunchtime lectures and conversations with artists, this programme will be more participative, more in depth and dealing with more general themes,’ says Baker.
- The Indonesian and French governments have signed a financial agreement to train 474 subdistrict officers in Aceh province in participative planning, the French Embassy in Indonesia said in a statement.
- The organisation is dedicated to the achievement of the full social, economic and educational integration of people with disabilities as equal, independent and participative members of the general community.
- Example sentences
- What's special about this CD is that these artists were selected for the album because they are active participators and supporters in the Amnesty International Organization.
- Civil liberties groups and music fans say the bill unfairly targets electronic music and might bring about unforeseen consequences for both promoters and participators.
- More clean up days with more participators are needed.
Late 15th century: from Latin participat- 'shared in', from the verb participare, based on pars, part- 'part' + capere 'take'.
Words that rhyme with participateanticipate, dissipate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.