1Be involved; take part: thousands participated in a nationwide strike
More example sentences
- He had this great idea to involve people in participating in writing a short fantasy story.
- Twenty nine cars participated in what was regarded as the best and most enjoyable hunt ever.
- Thanks also to the swimmers who participated and those who contributed in any way.
take part, engage, join, get involved, share, play a part, play a role, be a participant, partake;
cooperate, help, assist, lend a hand;
go in for, contribute to, be associated with, associate oneself with, have a hand in, have something to do with, be (a) party to
informal get in on the act, pitch in
- Example sentences
- ‘Compared with our existing lunchtime lectures and conversations with artists, this programme will be more participative, more in depth and dealing with more general themes,’ says Baker.
- The Indonesian and French governments have signed a financial agreement to train 474 subdistrict officers in Aceh province in participative planning, the French Embassy in Indonesia said in a statement.
- The organisation is dedicated to the achievement of the full social, economic and educational integration of people with disabilities as equal, independent and participative members of the general community.
- Example sentences
- What's special about this CD is that these artists were selected for the album because they are active participators and supporters in the Amnesty International Organization.
- Civil liberties groups and music fans say the bill unfairly targets electronic music and might bring about unforeseen consequences for both promoters and participators.
- More clean up days with more participators are needed.
Late 15th century: from Latin participat- 'shared in', from the verb participare, based on pars, part- 'part' + capere 'take'.
Words that rhyme with participateanticipate, dissipate
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: par¦tici|pate
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.