noun (plural partridgeberries)
- 1Either of two North American plants with edible red berries that are eaten by game birds.
More example sentences
- ● Mitchella repens, family Rubiaceae. ● the cowberry.
- The Canada Yew type was composed primarily of Canada yew, with Canada mayflower and partridgeberry making up an additional 33% of the importance.
- Seasonal patterns in the rates of photosynthesis were similar in shaded partridgeberry and eastern hemlock.
- Partridgeberry brightens the drab forest floor in fall and winter, its mats of evergreen leaves and scarlet fruits hugging the ground.
More definitions of partridgeberryDefinition of partridgeberry in:
- The US English dictionary