1Relating to Easter.
- For the New Year a sucking pig roasted was a delicacy worth waiting for and for Easter the paschal baby lamb or goat roasted whole on a spit is universally loved.
- In the paschal event and the Eucharist that makes it present throughout the centuries, there is a truly enormous ‘capacity’ that embraces all of history.
- Marriage, like all sacraments, is paschal to the core and consequently it is as much about dying as it is about new life.
2Relating to the Jewish Passover.
- According to the Bible, ever since the Israelites made their escape from Egypt in the middle of the night, following their first paschal meal, Passover has been marked by a nighttime ceremony.
- For the French, a roast leg of lamb, the gigot pascal (pascal and the English paschal refer equally to the Jewish Passover and Christian Easter), is the traditional Easter Sunday lunch.
- The word paschal actually comes from the Hebrew word for Passover.
Words that rhyme with paschalGaskell, mascle
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pas|chal
Definition of paschal in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.